Also referred to as Black Devil Spike Snails or Lava snails, these dark and mysterious snails are highly underrated members of the aquarium hobby. They principally come from the brackish waters of Thailand, but can be found in other parts of Asia. They are able to thrive in freshwater, but will only breed in brackish water.
These snails are slightly very similar to Giant Sulawesi snails in their appearance and behavior. They feature the long, whorled shells, but theirs tapers off into a sharper point and resembles a spike. Their shell color ranges from a wealthy chocolate brown to an exquisite, glossy black, and their bodies feature gray/black or chestnut brown colors. They’re regularly 2 to 3 inches in length when full grown.
Devil Black snails are more hardy and more active than Giant Sulawesi snails, being able to move faster right through your aquarium. They’re also ready to live in colder temperatures and are referred to as excellent cleaners of substrate. When you’ve got live plants for your tank, it is a good suggestion to keep them out of reach of these snails – they have got been known to nibble on live plants.
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
– PH level range: 6.8 to 7.5
– Temperature range: 71 to 82 degrees Fahrenheit
– Water type: Soft to medium hard
– Really useful Aquatic Arts tank mates: Other forms of snails (Mystery Snails, Golden Rabbit Snails, and so on.), dwarf shrimp (Sakura Fire Red Cherry Shrimp, Neon Yellow Shrimp, and so on.). They are able to also be kept with non-aggressive fish.
– Additional notes: These snails are large and need room to move, so it is a good suggestion to steer clear of dense vegetation or overcrowding for your aquarium. Black Devil snails eat plant matter, fish food, and invertebrate pellets, and they have got also been known to munch on plants like Java Ferns. Snails are very sensitive to copper, so watch out for copper if you happen to use tap water for your tank.
This large snail includes a gorgeous, glossy shell that ranges in color from chocolate brown to the deepest black.
Black Devil snails are relatives to the preferred Malaysian Trumpet snails, but They’re more equivalent in shape and size to Giant Sulawesi snails.
Totally peaceful aquarium inhabitants, and totally secure for shrimp and other snails.
Feeds on leftover food or almost any more or less fish food.
All Aquatic Arts (formerly InvertObsession) brand plants and animals on Amazon come with free phone/text/email fortify instantly from the owner!
Frequently Bought Together
This item: 1 Black Devil Snail (1″-3″) aka Faunus ater by Aquatic Arts (formerly InvertObsession)$7.50
3 Multi-Color Mystery Snail COMBO PACK (LARGE, live snails! 1/2″-2″+) – 1 Golden, 1 Blue, 1 Black/Purple Mystery Snail by Aquatic Arts (formerly InvertObsession)$13.50
1 Giant Golden Sulawesi Rabbit Snail (1″-3″) from Indonesia – VERY seldom available! by Aquatic Arts (formerly InvertObsession)$8.00
1 LARGE (1/2″-2″+) Golden Mystery Snail – (Algae eater and safe for fish, live aquarium plants, and shrimp) by Aquatic Arts (formerly InvertObsession)$4.70