Singapore Flower Shrimp are a actually fascinating species because of their energetic personalities and their ability to quickly change color in keeping with their mood and/or environment. Colors we see most regularly are an earthy tan and cerulean blue. These are probably the most largest freshwater shrimp, ranging in size from 1 1/2 to 3 1/2 inches.
Singapore Flower Shrimp are peaceful and will get along great with another critters in your aquarium, so long as the others are not aggressive towards them. Like dwarf shrimp, they eat algae and leftover fish food (in addition to invertebrate food pellets.)
This pack comes with 2 Singapore Flower Shrimp, plus some free strands of java moss – a low-light plant that thrives in almost any aquarium and improves water quality.
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
– PH level range: 6.5 to 8.0
– Temperature range: 68 to 85 degrees Fahrenheit
– Beneficial Aquatic Arts tank mates: Any form of dwarf shrimp (such as Green Babaulti shrimp, Blue Velvet shrimp, Sakura Fire Red Cherry Shrimp, Neon Yellow Shrimp, and the like.), more than a few kinds of snails (such as Nerite Snails, Sulawesi Snails, and the like.). They may be able to also be kept with small to medium-sized, non-aggressive fish.
– Additional notes: Care is very similar to dwarf shrimp. Shrimp prefer to live in tanks with live aquatic plants (such as java moss, willow hygro, green cabomba, and the like.). It is because the shrimp like the cover that plants provide, they love to graze at the plants for algae, and the plants assist keep the water clean for them.
All Aquatic Arts (formerly InvertObsession) brand plants and animals come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free phone/text/email make stronger in an instant from the owner!
Similar to Bamboo Shrimp – they come in identical colors and will reproduce only in saltwater (that is almost all the time the case).
These shrimp may be able to change colors, and they are going to range from tan to dark brown, and once they turn into comfortable in their surroundings, they turn out to be a vibrant red or blue!
These are larger than dwarf shrimp, growing to a maximum size of 3 1/2 inches.
Easy to keep in a home freshwater aquarium – no special equipment is needed for these exotic animals.
Frequently Bought Together
- This item: 2 Live Freshwater Singapore Flower Shrimp (2″-3″) + Java Moss by Aquatic Arts (formerly InvertObsession)$19.00
- 3 Giant Marimo Moss Balls – 2″ to 3″, 8-15 years old! – OVER 5x AS LARGE AS NANO MARIMO! – Great for fish, shrimp, and snails! by Aquatic Arts (formerly InvertObsession)$9.85
- 3 Month Supply of Invertebrate Food for Live Shrimp, Snails, and Crayfish by Aquatic Arts (formerly InvertObsession)$7.00