This listing is for 2 CPO crayfish: 1 male and 1 female. Single CPO crayfish are also to be had in another listing. These sexed crayfish be able to mate with each and every other in a home freshwater aquarium!
CPO crayfish are one of our favorite invertebrates. They’re much larger in size than dwarf shrimp (they are able to grow up to 1.6 inches long) and have a tendency to live much longer, but are still small enough to comfortably live in a tank as small as 5 gallons. They’re some of the brightly colored varieties of invertebrates we offer, and their large size draws the eye right to them.
These are reasonably active and don’t hide throughout the day like most crayfish. They definitely make an exciting addition to an aquarium and are an effective way to get into invertebrates if you have not joined the craze already!
Though the CPO crayfish is small enough not to be a threat to most other tank inhabitants, they’ve every so often gone after dwarf shrimp, so we do not recommend keeping them in the same tank.
RECOMMENDED TANK PARAMETERS:
– PH level range: 6.0 to 8.0
– Temperature range: 60 to 75 degrees Fahrenheit
– Water type: Medium hard
– Advisable Aquatic Arts tank mates: Fast-moving fish (such as Danios, Cobra Guppies, and so forth.). Cichlids may also be aggressive towards crayfish and will have to not be kept in the same tank.
– Additional notes: CPO crayfish are omnivores and will eat leftovers, dead tank mates, and even fish waste. Dwarf crayfish prefer to live in tanks with live aquatic plants (such as java moss, willow moss, hornwort, and so forth.). It’s because they like the cover that plants provide, they love to graze on the plants for algae, and the plants assist keep the water clean for them.
These little crayfish have a beautiful and eye-catching fiery orange coloration for you to add a burst of color to your tank! The coloration of these dwarf crayfish is EXTREMELY top of the range – much higher quality than others available on the market!
These do not hide throughout light hours like most crayfish – They’re very active and mobile.
They’re also peaceful and do well in most community tanks, though they every so often have been known to make a meal of dwarf shrimp. I keep them in a tank with guppies, moss and live plants, and they never bother any of their tank mates.
Easy to maintain – the CPO crayfish feed on leftover food or almost any roughly fish food.
All Aquatic Arts (formerly InvertObsession) brand plants and animals come with free phone/text/email make stronger instantly from the owner!
Frequently Bought Together
- This item: 1 Male/Female Pair of ORANGE CPO Dwarf Mexican Crayfish/Mini Lobsters (Freshwater) – Safe for plants and most fish! by Aquatic Arts (formerly InvertObsession)$32.00
- 1 Giant Golden Sulawesi Rabbit Snail (1″-3″) from Indonesia – VERY seldom available! by Aquatic Arts (formerly InvertObsession)$8.00
- Baby Tears (LARGE, Multiple Stems!) – Live Aquarium Plant by Aquatic Arts (formerly InvertObsession)$9.00